Welcome to the Game of Thrones Quote bonanza for the sixth Season! We’ve had some pretty epic quotes assembled in previous compilations from different seasons, and Season 6 quotes has provided exactly the same in quality.
Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 6 quotes!
1. “I thought if I could make something so good, so pure, maybe I’m not a monster” – Cersei Lannister
As Tyrion has said previously, Cersei does love her children. So when Myrcella is brought back to King’s Landing dead, we hear the unfiltered thoughts from Cersei Lannister. Included in these is this quote, where she acknowledges her spitefulness and cruel nature by referring to herself as a monster.
2. “It is beautiful beneath the sea, but if you stay too long you’ll drown” – Three-eyed Raven
Referring to Bran’s desire to stay in the past visions that he and the three-eyed raven have been visiting, the old man warns Bran of the dangers of slipping into the past for too long.
3. “Oh, the gods won’t mind. They spill more blood than the rest of us combined” – Jaime Lannister
Jaime threatens the High Sparrow in the Sept for throwing his sister in a cell and humiliating her. He asks if he would spill blood in this holy place, to which he responds with this great line about the viciousness of the gods.
4. “But who are we, hm? We have no names, no family. Every one of us is poor and powerless. And yet together, we can overthrow an empire” – High Sparrow
The threats Jaime makes are quite quickly made much more dangerous when the High Sparrow’s religious club-bearing cronies come flocking in. He then describes their accumulative power by contrasting it with what they accomplish alone, which is to say, nothing.
5. “If I lost my cock I’d drink all the time” – Tyrion Lannister
Pouring a glass of wine under Varys’ stare, Tyrion tells the eunuch that he would be much more of a drinker than he is currently if he was in Varys’ situation.
6. “That’s what I do. I drink, and I know things” – Tyrion Lannister
Missandei, quite rightfully, asks Tyrion how he knows that dragons don’t do well in captivity as he’d obviously never seen one before Dany’s three. He replies in a very Tyrion-like manner, saying that was what he did; drink and know things. This is one of the best and most iconic Tyrion quotes in Game of Thrones.
7. “I would have taken you all the way to the wall. I would have died to get you there” – Theon Greyjoy
Since shedding the mask of reek, Theon has actually become quite likable, and says this touching quote to sansa as he splits up from her and Brienne. It shows us how his character isn’t as spineless as we once thought.
8. “I did what I thought was right and I got murdered for it” – Jon Snow
Not too many people can say this. After coming back from the death, Jon says this line which you can only really say if you’ve been revived from the dead.
9. “I know that. I saw your pecker. What kind of god would have a pecker that small?” – Tormund Giantsbane
The Night’s Watch and wildlings at Castle Black endure a very strange sight of seeing previously-dead Jon Snow walk amongst them. Tormund explains to Jon that they think he’s some kind of god, which Jon of course refutes very sternly, bringing this quote out from our favorite wildling.
10. “I should have been born a Dothraki” – Daario Naharis
Daario takes one look at what the Dothraki do after dark – drink and make love in the streets – before saying this quote.
11. “You are small men. None of you are fit to lead the Dothraki. But I am, so I will” – Daenerys Targaryen
Addressing the group of Khal’s that are grouped together to decide her fate, Dany says this powerful quote in Dothraki before burning down the hut they are in to kill them and take their army, all while she survives the flames.
12. “I apologise to you all for not killing him years ago” – Euron Greyjoy
The uncle of Theon and Yara, Euron Greyjoy, returns to make a claim for the Salt Throne after killing his brother Balon. He openly admits to regicide, before saying this quote to show how every ironborn detested their ruler.
13. “Tyrion Lannister was right. I love you. I’ll always love you. Goodbye, Khaleesi” – Jorah Mormont
Jorah reveals he’s been infected with greyscale to Dany, before delivering this heartbreaking goodbye. Dany has none of it though, and orders Jorah to find a cure for himself.
14. “HOLD THE DOOR!” – Hodor
This quote should need no explanation. It’s the last action of Hodor in Game of Thrones, and it’s because of him that Meera and Bran live. In Bran’s flashback to the past, we also learn that it’s because of Hodor blocking the door during Bran warging him that causes his brain to fry and “hodor”, a mismatch of “Hold the door” be the only word he’s left able to say. Truly one of the most surprising and sad scenes in Game of Thrones.
15. “I didn’t think I’d ever come back here, after my father made me renounce my title and inheritance and…well, threatened to kill me if I didn’t. A person just doesn’t feel welcome at that point” – Samwell Tarly
If there’s anyone who would only describe having your father threaten to kill you if you don’t spend your entire life guarding a block of ice as “not feeling welcome” back home, it’s cheery Sam.
16. “The crows killed him because he spoke for the free folk when no other southerners would. He died for us. If we are not willing to do the same for him, we’re cowards. And if that’s what we are, we deserve to be the last of the free folk” – Tormund Giantsbane
Tormund continues in great quote form when he rallies the wildlings to fight for Jon against the Boltons. One of them brings up how if they fight they could be the last of the free folk. Tormund says they’d deserve this if they didn’t fight, as it’d show that they’re cowards.
17. “I wonder if you’re the worst person I’ve ever met? At a certain age it’s hard to recall. But the truly vile do stand out through the years” – Olenna Tyrell
The Queen of Thorns ponders whether or not Cersei is the worst person she’s ever met right in front of the Queen Mother. Her prompting of this is Cersei asking for her aid despite being the reason her grandchildren were imprisoned, and the fact she gloated that they were.
18. “That’s like saying I have a bigger cock than anyone in the Unsullied army” – Bronn
Jaime tries to win Bronn over to training the troops for siege by saying he has the best instincts in the whole Lannister army, which Bronn amusingly calls a worthless compliment through this funny analogy.
19. “Good thing we’re friends, or we’d be fucking you in the ass right now” – Bronn
More great Bronn quotes from Season 6 Episode 7 as he tells the Freys what would be happening were he and the 8,000 men that just arrived not friendly to them.
20. “As long as I’m standing the war is not over” – Brynden Tully
Otherwise known as the Blackfish, Brynden Tully resolutely says this line when Jaime is trying to get him to surrender Riverrun because the war is over and no more people should be dying over it.
21. “Those are your last words, “fuck you?” Come on, you can do better” – The Hound
The Hound hunts down the men from the Brotherhood who killed Brother Ray and the rest of his following, and before killing one of them they say “fuck you”. Unimpressed with their choice of last words, this is his response.
22. “I choose violence” – Cersei Lannister
Confronted by the Faith militant inside the red keep, Cersei refuses their command to meet with the High Sparrow in the Sept of Baelor. As Cersei walks away the Mountain stands in front of the Faith to block them from seizing her. Lancel warns Cersei to tell him to back down or there will be violence. This is her response.
23. “Lesson number one: assume everyone wants to hit you, ‘cos they do, Pod, everyone wants to hit a fucking squire” – Bronn
Bronn offers to teach Pod the basics of dirty fighting. Lesson one for him was this one, which Bronn says after slapping Pod after telling him to look down at his stance.
24. “Don’t die for pride when you can fight for your blood” – Brienne of Tarth
In an effort to convince the Blackfish to flee Riverrun with her and Pod, Brienne says this great quote to remind him that he can fight for a family member if he goes north rather than die pointlessly there. Sadly, though, he does not listen.
25. “A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I’m going home” – Arya Stark
With her sword pressed against Jaqen H’ghar, she tells him that she is not no one, she is Arya Stark and she is returned to Westeros.
26. “You’re going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well” – Sansa Stark
During the meeting between Jon and Ramsay, Sansa cuts off Ramsay with this intimidating quote. Needing to say no more, she then rides off on her own to leave him with that thought.
27. “If I fall, don’t bring me back” – Jon Snow
Jon decides that being resurrected once was enough for him in his lifetime. Before the Battle of the Bastards, he tells Melisandre to leave him dead if he does fall in the battle.
28. “Our fathers were evil men. All of us here. They left the world worse than they found it. We’re not going to do that. We’re going to leave the world better than we found it” – Daenerys Targaryen
Dany addresses how her father, the Mad King, Tyrion’s father, Tywin, and Yara and Theon’s father, Balon Greyjoy, were all evil men. But they weren’t going to follow in their footsteps of leaving the world in a worse state than they found it.
29. “Your words will disappear. Your house will disappear. Your name will disappear. All memory of you will disappear” – Sansa Stark
Sansa has some great quotes in Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 9 as it’s the Battle of the Bastards episode, where she and the Stark force defeat Ramsay. After the battle is done and they Ramsay as a captive, Sansa says these words to him before she sets his own dogs on him to kill him.
30. “I drink because it feels good. I killed my husband because it felt good to be rid of him. I fuck my brother because it feels good to feel him inside me. I lie about fucking my brother because it feels good to keep our son safe from hateful hypocrites” – Cersei Lannister
Speaking to Septa Unella who is destined to die without seeing anyone Cersei doesn’t want her to see, she is able to open up about what she does to make her feel good, revealing some rare insight to her thoughts.
31. “You’re in the great game now, and the great game is terrifying” – Tyrion Lannister
Tyrion asks Dany if she’s scared about sailing to Westeros with conquering it in mind, which her expression tells him she is. This is his follow up.
32. “My name is Arya Stark. I want you to know that. The last thing you’re ever going to see is a Stark smiling down at you as you die” – Arya Stark
Arya brings out a pie to Walder Frey which has his two sons cooked into it, which she slowly reveals to him. After his horror dawns on him, she removes the face she was using to infiltrate his home and tells him who she is, and that a Stark will be his last living sight.
And that’ll wrap up another season of Game of Thrones quotes on Goat of Thrones! Remember we’ve done this for all past seasons such as Season 5, and also do quote features on single episodes, like the two below.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 10
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 9
Image credits: HBO