Season 7 gets underway with an episode in Episode 1, with some solid quotes coming from some characters who don’t get too much of a spotlight at times. Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 1 quotes.
1. “Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” – Arya Stark as Walder Frey
Under the mask of Walder Frey, Arya poisons the Frey men who were at the Red Wedding and assisted in the killing of her family. She tells them that they didn’t call all of the starks, as she still lives, and if just one wolf lives – the sigil of House Stork – then those they hunt are never safe.
2. “I don’t plan on knitting by the fire while men fight for me. I might be small, Lord Glover, and I might be a girl, but I am every bit as much a northerner as you. And I don’t need your permission to defend the north” – Lyanna Mormont
Jon raises the command that the girls will be trained to fight, too, now that the army of the dead is fighting. Lord Glover raises an objection by questioning if Jon really means to have him put a spear in his granddaughter’s hand, so Lady Mormont jumps in with this great string of lines.
3. “Looks like we’re the Night’s Watch now” – Tormund Giantsbane
Tormund is sent to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea by Jon, and joyingly jokes in front of the hall of northern Lords that it looks like the wildlings are the Night’s Watch now. As Chancellor Palpatine would say – Ironic.
4. “No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I’ll assume it was something clever” – Sansa Stark
Sansa grows colder and colder towards Littlefinger, and reluctantly chats with him for a short time when he approaches her in Winterfell. Brienne approaches the pair, prompting Baelish to depart and just as he tries to end the conversation with something he says, as usual, Sansa cuts him off with this great quote.
5. “I’ll tell you what doesn’t scare me: bald cocksuckers like you. You think you’re fooling anyone with that top knot? Bald cunt” – The Hound
Despite going through a near-death experience, The Hound hasn’t lost any of his viciousness as he unloads on Thoros’ choice of hairstyle.
Season 7 off to a good start! Be sure to check out the best Game of Thrones quotes from Season 6 while you’re here, as well as the two episodes before this one.
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 10
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 9
Image credit: HBO