Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 2 has some awesome quotes from Jaime Lannister, among others including lesser known characters bringing in some good quotes. Here are the best quotes Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 2 provided.
1. “I try to know as many people as I can. You never know which one you’ll need” – Tyrion Lannister
Defending himself for knowing who Ros the whore is to Shae, Tyrion ends up explaining why he makes a point to know as many people as he can. He says that having an arsenal of contacts is beneficial as you never know who you might need if you’re in a tight spot.
2. “Yes, she is. Objectively. Very. Her face is… quite pleasing… to other men and to women, people, in general. But not to me of course” – Tyrion Lannister
Tyrion immediately faces Shae’s wrath after referring to Sansa as a “great beauty” when he is telling Shae that she will not lack for suitors. Trying to extricate himself from the situation, he begins an entertaining line where he tries to backtrack away from his comment to appease his fuming lover.
3. “You think Lady Stark’s going to want a..uh.. giant, toe-headed plank following her around for the rest of her life?” – Jaime Lannister
No one can conjure an inventive insult quite like Jaime Lannister, and here he has another awesome one for his captor Brienne on their trek to King’s Landing. In this, he says that part of being in service to someone is being good company, and that Brienne won’t be that to Lady Stark. He then questions if Catelyn will want a “giant, toe-headed plank” always trailing her if she isn’t good company. Funny lines from him are prevalent in Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 2 and its quotes.
4. “Ah… Renly. Really? He wasn’t fit to rule over anything more important than a 12-course meal” – Jaime Lannister
Renly takes quite the bashing in Season 3 Episode 2, with several quotes defaming the dead man. After Brienne recoils from the suggestion she was in Stannis’ army, Jaime connects that this means she was with Renly. He then belittles Renly’s ability to manage things, saying a meal was the height of the responsibility he could handle.
5. “It’s all true about Renly; his proclivities were the worst kept secret at court. It’s a shame the throne isn’t made out of cocks, they’d have never got him off it” – Jaime Lannister
Ah, one of the most iconic Game of Thrones quotes from Jaime Lannister comes in Season 3 Episode 2. Brienne’s denial of Renly’s homosexuality brings a joke forth from Jaime, who says if the throne was made of cocks he’d never have been off it.
6. “I think you lost this war the day you married her” – Lord Karstark
Lord Karstark’s outward negativity causes Robb to ask if he had lost faith in their ability to win the war against the Lannisters. Lord Karstark asks if he can speak freely, before saying he thinks the war was lost for them the moment Robb married the foreign girl Talisa, which damaged their alliance with the Freys as well as turning the men against him.
7. “I like you but, if you’re playing us false, it won’t be hard for me to kill you” – Mance Rayder
Mance Rayder asks Jon Snow if it was hard for him to kill the Halfhand, which Jon acknowledges that it was, so Mance proceeds to ask him if Jon liked him. Jon nods, bringing this quote out from Mance.
8. “So, you know how I got moon-worshippers, and cannibals, and giants to march together in the same army? I told them we were all going to die if we don’t get south, because that’s the truth” – Mance Rayder
Mance tells Jon of the difficulty it took to assemble all of the wildlings in one vast army. The secret, he reveals, was telling them all that death awaited them should they stay north, and that banding together and escaping their common enemy of the White Walkers was the key to survival.
9. “Some people will always need help. That doesn’t mean they’re not worth helping” – Meera Reed
Osha begins to give grief to Meera’s brother, Jojen, who needs her protecting as he can’t fight. Meera brings some good feelings into Game of Thrones with this touching quote, where she says that his need for protection doesn’t make him unworthy of help, nor should it ever for anyone.
If you enjoyed the Game of Thrones quotes from Season 3 Episode 2, be sure to check out the quotes from Season 3 Episode 1, as well as our quote compilation from Season 2.
Image credits: HBO