Season 6 of Game of Thrones heats up in Episode 8, where The Waif is killed, the Blackfish bites the dust and more eventful happenings take place.
Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 8 quotes.
1. “Those are your last words, “fuck you?” Come on, you can do better” – The Hound
The Hound hunts down the men from the Brotherhood who killed Brother Ray and the rest of his following, and before killing one of them they say “fuck you”. Unimpressed with their choice of last words, this is his response
2. “I choose violence” – Cersei Lannister
Confronted by the Faith militant inside the red keep, Cersei refuses their command to meet with the High Sparrow in the Sept of Baelor. As Cersei walks away the Mountain stands in front of the Faith to block them from seizing her. Lancel warns Cersei to tell him to back down or there will be violence. This is her response.
3. “Lesson number one: assume everyone wants to hit you, ‘cos they do, Pod, everyone wants to hit a fucking squire” – Bronn
Bronn offers to teach Pod the basics of dirty fighting. Lesson one for him was this one, which Bronn says after slapping Pod after telling him to look down at his stance.
4. “That is the worst joke I ever heard” – Grey Worm
After Missandei tells a questionably funny joke in front of Tyrion and Grey Worm, which the dwarf laughs at politely, Grey Worm eliminates all pretenses and tells Missandei it was awful. How pleasant.
5. “I make joke” – Grey Worm
Having previously said he does not know what a joke is, but then revealing that he does in fact know them, Grey Worm says how his acting dumb was actually the joke attempt. Missandei and Tyrion laugh at this.
6. “Don’t die for pride when you can fight for your blood” – Brienne of Tarth
In an effort to convince the Blackfish to flee Riverrun with her and Pod, Brienne says this great quote to remind him that he can fight for a family member if he goes north rather than die pointlessly there. Sadly, though, he does not listen.
7. “Half the horrible shit in this world gets done for something larger than ourselves” – The Hound
While The Hound isn’t doing as much of the horrible shit as he used to, his cynical outlook on the world hasn’t changed – though you can’t really argue with this one.
8. “A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I’m going home” – Arya Stark
With her sword pressed against Jaqen H’ghar, she tells him that she is not no one, she is Arya Stark and she is returned to Westeros.
Another great episode for Game of Thrones quotes! Be sure to check out the best quotes from Game of Thrones Season 5 while you’re here, as well as the episodes prior to this one.
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 7
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 6
Image credit: HBO