Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 7 has plenty of good quotes, with some interesting happenings coming about in the form of the revealing that The Hound is still alive, the Stark force rallying troops to their cause and Olenna Tyrell preparing to leave King’s Landing.
Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 7 quotes.
1. ”Hate” – The Hound
The Hound is asked what kept him going after Brienne/Arya left him to die near the Eyrie. After a moment’s pause, he simply replies that it was hate.
2. “The crows killed him because he spoke for the free folk when no other southerners would. He died for us. If we are not willing to do the same for him, we’re cowards. And if that’s what we are, we deserve to be the last of the free folk” – Tormund Giantsbane
Tormund continues in great quote form when he rallies the wildlings to fight for Jon against the Boltons. One of them brings up how if they fight they could be the last of the free folk. Tormund says they’d deserve this if they didn’t fight, as it’d show that they’re cowards.
3. “I wonder if you’re the worst person I’ve ever met? At a certain age it’s hard to recall. But the truly vile do stand out through the years” – Olenna Tyrell
The Queen of Thorns ponders whether or not Cersei is the worst person she’s ever met right in front of the Queen Mother. Her prompting of this is Cersei asking for her aid despite being the reason her grandchildren were imprisoned, and the fact she gloated that they were.
4. “That’s like saying I have a bigger cock than anyone in the Unsullied army” – Bronn
Jaime tries to win Bronn over to training the troops for siege by saying he has the best instincts in the whole Lannister army, which Bronn amusingly calls a worthless compliment through this funny analogy.
5. “Good thing we’re friends, or we’d be fucking you in the ass right now” – Bronn
More great Bronn quotes from Season 6 Episode 7 as he tells the Freys what would be happening were he and the 8,000 men that just arrived not friendly to them.
6. “As long as I’m standing the war is not over” – Brynden Tully
Otherwise known as the Blackfish, Brynden Tully resolutely says this line when Jaime is trying to get him to surrender Riverrun because the war is over and no more people should be dying over it.
7. “But we weren’t animals. Animals are true to their nature, and we had betrayed ours” – Brother Ray
Brother Ray is the soldier-turned-priest who leads the group of people that The Hound is spotted with. He thinks back to a time when he killed a boy in front of his mother, who screamed at them calling them animals. He very poetically states that they weren’t animals; they were worse.
8. “Violence is a disease. You don’t cure a disease by spreading it to more people” – Brother Ray
He’s proving very quotable this Brother Ray. This time he’s refusing to fight if the men from the Brotherhood come back for their food, saying that even if it would save his life he doesn’t want to spread the disease of violence.
Lots of good ones here and Brother Ray proved to be a strong character for quotes – shame what happened to him. If you need more GoT quotes, we have a full compilation of Season 5 and be sure to check the two episodes before Episode 7.
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 6
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 5
Image credit: HBO