We’re back on form at Goat of Thrones after last episode’s lack of quotes; Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 2 quotes were plentiful and epic, and included the most iconic Tyrion Lannister quote of the series.
Here are the best quotes from GoT Season 6 Episode 2.
1. “It is beautiful beneath the sea, but if you stay too long you’ll drown” – Three-eyed Raven
Referring to Bran’s desire to stay in the past visions that he and the three-eyed raven have been visiting, the old man warns Bran of the dangers of slipping into the past for too long.
2. “The King is supposed to be the protector of the realm. If I can’t even protect my own wife, or my own mother, what good am I?” – Tommen Baratheon
A sombre quote from King Tommen, but one that shows how he’s actually a fair and just king unlike his predecessors. He talks about how he couldn’t protect his wife or mother from imprisonment, so how can he protect the realm.
3. “Oh, the gods won’t mind. They spill more blood than the rest of us combined” – Jaime Lannister
Jaime threatens the High Sparrow in the Sept for throwing his sister in a cell and humiliating her. He asks if he would spill blood in this holy place, to which he responds with this great line about the viciousness of the gods.
4. “But who are we, hm? We have no names, no family. Every one of us is poor and powerless. And yet together, we can overthrow an empire” – High Sparrow
The threats Jaime makes are quite quickly made much more dangerous when the High Sparrow’s religious club-bearing cronies come flocking in. He then describes their accumulative power by contrasting it with what they accomplish alone, which is to say, nothing.
5. “If I lost my cock I’d drink all the time” – Tyrion Lannister
Pouring a glass of wine under Varys’ stare, Tyrion tells the eunuch that he would be much more of a drinker than he is currently if he was in Varys’ situation.
6. “That’s what I do. I drink, and I know things” – Tyrion Lannister
Missandei, quite rightfully, asks Tyrion how he knows that dragons don’t do well in captivity as he’d obviously never seen one before Dany’s three. He replies in a very Tyrion-like manner, saying that was what he did; drink and know things. This is one of the best and most iconic Tyrion quotes in Game of Thrones.
7. “Next time I have an idea like that, punch me in the face” – Tyrion Lannister
After completing the bone-chilling task of unshackling the two dragons left behind in Meereen, Tyrion says this quote to Varys revealing how frightened he was during the event. Not surprising.
8. “I would have taken you all the way to the wall. I would have died to get you there” – Theon Greyjoy
Since shedding the mask of reek, Theon has actually become quite likable, and says this touching quote to sansa as he splits up from her and Brienne. It shows us how his character isn’t as spineless as we once thought.
9. “If you want to help him, leave him be” – Melisandre
Davos seeks the Lady Melisandre out to ask if she can help Jon Snow by reviving him from the dead. Reflecting her negative outlook ever since Stannis’ defeat, this is her response.
We hope we’ll continue Season 6 in this form of quote-finding. Be sure to check out the best quotes from GoT Season 5 while you’re with us, as well as quotes from the episodes leading to this one.
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 1
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 10
Image credit: HBO