The Season Finale of Game of Thrones Season 6 sticks in everyone’s minds, we’re sure, as it features such shocking happenings as the King’s suicide, Cersei’s obliteration of those who opposed her in the Sept of Baelor and therefore assuming the throne, as well as Daenerys sailing over the Narrow Sea to begin her conquering of Westeros.
Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 10 quotes.
1. “But sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest” – Qyburn
Just before Qyburn has his little birds, the ones he acquired in Varys’ absence, to kill the Grand Maester, he tells Pycelle this quote. It refers both to the ancient nature of Pycelle as well as his older methods of healing and asking as the Grand Maester.
2. “Forget about the bloody gods and listen to what I’m telling you. Cersei understands the consequences of her absence and she is absent anyway, which means she does not intend to suffer those consequences. The trial can wait. We all need to leave” – Margaery Tyrell
The only one in the Sept of Baelor who has any inkling of Cersei’s wicked plan is Margaery, who does what she can to convince the High Sparrow to allow everyone to flee with this awesome quote, but he and his fellow heretics trap everyone in the Sept causing all of them to burn with wildfire.
3. “I drink because it feels good. I killed my husband because it felt good to be rid of him. I fuck my brother because it feels good to feel him inside me. I lie about fucking my brother because it feels good to keep our son safe from hateful hypocrites” – Cersei Lannister
Speaking to Septa Unella who is destined to die without seeing anyone Cersei doesn’t want her to see, she is able to open up about what she does to make her feel good, revealing some rare insight to her thoughts.
4. “She doesn’t want me, she wants your golden fingers up her twat” – Bronn
Bronn vents to Jaime about how all girls desire him over anyone else in his usual colorful way.
5. “Yes, well, I suppose that life is irregular” – Samwell Tarly
After arriving at the citadel to be trained as a Maester, Sam is told is arrival is irregular. In a bid to begin the philosophy early, this is his response to the stern man across the table. It is not met with approval.
6. “You’re in the great game now, and the great game is terrifying” – Tyrion Lannister
Tyrion asks Dany if she’s scared about sailing to Westeros with conquering it in mind, which her expression tells him she is. This is his follow up.
7. “I’d swear you my sword, but I don’t actually own a sword” – Tyrion Lannister
Formerly one of the richest men in Westeros, adviser to Queen Daenerys and someone who’s killed on occasion, it’s revealed that Tyrion doesn’t actually own a sword in this funny quote.
8. “My name is Arya Stark. I want you to know that. The last thing you’re ever going to see is a Stark smiling down at you as you die” – Arya Stark
Arya brings out a pie to Walder Frey which has his two sons cooked into it, which she slowly reveals to him. After his horror dawns on him, she removes the face she was using to infiltrate his home and tells him who she is, and that a Stark will be his last living sight.
9. “Jon Snow avenged the Red Wedding. He is the White Wolf. THE KING IN THE NORTH!” – Lord Manderly
No, no, no – not this shit again!
Great quotes from a great episode! Be sure to re-live Season 5 of GoT with its best quotes, as well as checking out the two episodes that came before this one.
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 9
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 8
Image credit: HBO