Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 8, Hardhome, is the iconic episode where Jon and the Night’s Watch rescue the wildlings from Hardhome and is commonly agreed as the best episode in Season 5. Let’s look at the best Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 8 quotes.
1. “You want revenge against the Lannisters? I killed my mother, Joanna Lannister, on the day I was born. I killed my father, Tywin Lannister, with a bolt to the heart. I am the greatest Lannister killer of our time” – Tyrion Lannister
Dany asks, in an uncharastically bloodthirsty manner of hers, why she shouldn’t kill Tyrion as revenge for what his family has done to hers over the years. He flips this and comically points out that he is the greatest Lannister killer of their time.
2. “Oysters, clams, and cockles!” – Arya Stark
You read this in Arya’s sing-song voice because you’ve heard her say it a hundred times. That’s why it’s on this list.
3. “Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell – they’re all just spokes on a wheel. This one’s on top, then that one’s on top, and on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground. I’m not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel” – Daenerys Targaryen
Daenerys Targaryen’s famous “Wheel” speech comes about in Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 8, “Hardhome”. She talks about how the ruling houses of Westeros rotate power between them through power struggles and all the while crush the common people under their weight. Her mission, she tells Tyrion, is to break the wheel.
4. “The long night is coming, and the dead come with it. No clan can stop them, the free-folk can’t stop them, the Night’s Watch can’t stop them, and all the southern kings can’t stop them! Only together, all of us – and even then it may not be enough but at least we’ll give the fuckers a fight” – Jon Snow
Jon shows his balls of steel once more in GoT by venturing north of the wall to ask the remaining wildlings to band together with him in an attempt to defeat the army of the dead. To try and convince them to trust him, he gives this very awesome speech.
5. “I fucking hate Thenns” – Karsi
Karsi is the wildling woman whom everyone loved in this episode, and is one of the “elders” that Tormund summons to discuss an alliance with the Night’s Watch. She says this line to Tormund, who nods in agreement, having said this quote himself in Season 4 Episode 1.
With such a packed action scene at the end of the episode as the Night’s Watch reach Hardhome, this episode was a little short for quotes. If you need a boost, check out the best quotes from GoT Season 4, as well as the quotes from the episodes before this one.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 7 Quotes
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 6 Quotes
Image credits: HBO