Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 7 is an eventful episode, building up to the battle of Winterfell between Stannis and the Boltons, as well with some drama unfurling at Castle Black. Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 7 quotes.
1. “Winter is coming. Those aren’t just the Stark words, that’s a fact” – Stannis Baratheon
Faced with a terrible snow storm that is halting the march of his army, Stannis refuses the advice of Ser Davos who counsels that they ought to retreat and regroup at castle black. He tells Ser Davos that if they go back, Winter will snare them in Castle Black and he’ll never claim his kingdom.
2. “This is the right time and I will risk everything, because if I don’t we’ve lost. We march to victory, or we march to defeat, but we go forward, only forward” – Stannis Baratheon
In the same snow storm as the quote above, Stannis pulls out a nice GoT quote about his choice to move on through the vicious weather.
3. “I killed a white walker, I killed a Thenn. I’ll take my chances with you” – Samwell Tarly
In a moment of heroism, Sam stands up to the two men who have already beat him bloody whilst they try to rape Gilly. This awesome quote shows how he’s finally developed some confidence in himself.
4. “Then you are the only person in Meereen who’s not free” – Daario Naharis
Daario urges Dany to marry him and not a noble Meereenese man for the political gain it would bring her, but she claims she can’t do it, nor can she do only what she wants. Daario then says this very resonating quote that shows the shackles of leadership and what it means to be an idol to many.
5. “All rulers are either butchers or meat” – Daario Naharis
A very quoteworthy episode of Game of Thrones for Daario who is usually so absent in these features. He suggests to Dany that she kills every wise master in the city, but she scoffs at this and says she isn’t a butcher, so Daario says this quote.
6. “You are the few. We are the many. And when the many stop fearing the few…” – The High Sparrow
Seeking the freedom of her grandchildren, Olenna confronts the High Sparrow and demands their freedom, but finds he can’t be bought or intimidated like most people. He leaves her with this quote that tells of the power of one united force of the common people against the ruling elite like her, letting the consequences of the last sentence hang in the air for suspense.
7. “Look at me. Look at my face; it’s the last thing you’ll see before you die” – Cersei Lannister
After Cersei gets imprisoned by the faith for the things that Lancel has told the High Sparrow, she makes this very direct threat to the women who jailed her.
More great Game of Thrones quotes for you! Look at the Game of Thrones Season 4 Quotes compilation, as well as the episode coming before this one.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 6 Quotes
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 5 Quotes
Image credits: HBO