Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 5 has some gripping moments in it, including the fight with the stonemen that Tyrion and Jorah go through and Jon deciding to go north of the wall and bring the remaining wildlings into the safety that is south of the wall. Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 5 quotes that we had.
1. “Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy, and let the man be born” – Maester Aemon
In Jon’s command and achievements it’s easy to forget how young he is. Maester Aemon tells him to kill the boy inside him and let the man take over. This can also be seen as a quote with double meaning, as will become apparent by the end of the season.
2. “We can learn to live with the wildlings, or we can add them to the army of the dead. Whatever they are now they’re better than that” – Jon Snow
Jon makes the controversial call to take a party north of the wall to escort the remaining wildling army south of the wall, to band up with them to find the dead when they attack. It is, of course, met with stern resistance, but this quote shines through as why it’s a good move to make.
3. “I’m going to marry her. That will involve looking at her from time to time” – Ramsay Bolton
Miranda is seen brooding out of a window while Ramsay is in bed. He calls her, with question in his voice as to what’s wrong, and she explains that she saw him staring at Sansa. His reply is comical and shows how jealous Miranda gets.
4. “If I give everyone what they deserve I’ll have no one left to rule” – Daenerys Targaryen
Dany fumes after the death of Ser Barristan, and says this quote showing how deeply her rage burns against the masters.
5. “Long sullen silences and an occasional punch in the face – the Mormont way” – Tyrion Lannister
With only himself for entertainment as Jorah is acting mute while he sails Tyrion towards Dany as his captor, the dwarf comes up with this funny line to sum up his travels with Jorah.
There you have it! The most glorious quotes from Season 5 Episode 5 of Game of Thrones. Remember to look at the best quotes from the season before, Season 4, as well as having a look over the last two episodes quotes.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 4
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 3
Image credits: HBO