Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 3 has some great quotes for us to look back on from lots of different characters. We have a royal member making their first appearance and other great happenings this episode. Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 3 quotes.
1. “This is all I want to do. All day, every day, for the rest of my life” – Tommen Baratheon
Tommen takes his entry into a quote worth putting on the lists of one of the episodes after he and Margaery consummate their marriage. The king is drawn into the world of sex, bringing this quote out from him that sounds like he’s taken after his uncle a fair bit.
2. “I wish we had some wine for you; it’s a bit early in the day for us” – Margaery Tyrell
Margaery brilliantly slights the queen mother when she comes to see her with this quote, making it glaringly obvious how Cersei is known for being dependent on wine whereas she is not.
3. “There’s no justice in the world, not unless we make it. You loved your family. Avenge them” – Lord Baelish
Baelish somehow manages to convince Sansa to marry Ramsay Bolton with a line about how all her life Sansa has sat by and watched bad things happen to her family, so she should take this marriage as a way of her to take some control and wrong those who have wronged her. The logic behind this we don’t quite get, but it includes this awesome quote from Baelish at least.
4. “Nothing’s more hateful than failing to protect the one you love” – Brienne of Tarth
Brienne recalls a heartbreaking story of a ball her father threw for her to find a suitable husband that turned rotten when she realised how all of the boys were only dancing with her as part of an ongoing joke. All of them were in on it, except Renly. Brienne tells pod that she committed herself to serving him that day, but couldn’t save him when his death came, which she says in this quote.
5. “Whoever said that didn’t have many enemies” – Stannis Baratheon
Stannis urges Jon to send Ser Alliser to command Eastwatch-by-the-Sea so he’s not in as close striking distance to him. Jon says he always heard that you should keep your enemies closer, though Stannis is not of the same mind and says this quote instead.
6. “Welcome home, Lady Stark. The North remembers” – A lady from the north
The arrival at Winterfell for Sansa is a flood of emotions as she steps back into her old home. The maid who takes her to her room and draws her a bath says this to her as she goes to head out of the door, showing that Sansa is not without allies in this part of the country.
7. “Someone who inspires priests and whores is worth taking seriously” – Lord Varys
Tyrion and Varys sit together in a brothel after Tyrion insisted he was going mad in their travelling carriage with only Varys’ face to look at. They see one of the girls dressed as Daenerys in the brothel, which Varys turns to being a good testament to Dany’s character due to how infatuated people from all walks of life are with her.
8. “I need to speak to someone with hair” – Tyrion Lannister
In the aforementioned brothel, Tyrion gets up suddenly and leaves Varys. The eunuch inquires on where he’s going, drawing this funny quote out from the Imp.
9. “But this I can’t do. Believe me, no one is more shocked than I am. I hope it passes. What will I do in my spare time?” – Tyrion Lannister
Tyrion takes the hand of a whore after he manages to convince her that he does in fact have money, but is unable to follow her. He conveys his dismay at his unwillingness with this funny set of sentences.
And there they are! Some wicked quotes from Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 3. If you haven’t had your quote fix, check out the best quotes from Season 4, as well as the two episodes in Season 5 that came before this one.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 2
Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 1
Image credits: HBO