Game of Thrones Season 4 Episode 7 has some epic quotes, including the one you see above this in the title image. But as well that we have lots relating to Tyrion’s ongoing trial! Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 4 Episode 7 quotes.
1. “Of course it’s a joke, just not a very funny one” – Tyrion Lannister
Jaime comes into Tyrion’s cell after the trail to lambast him for demanding a trial by combat when he had secured his life at the Wall. He tells Tyrion that it’s not a joke, what he did, but Tyrion disagrees, saying it is all a joke, just not a funny one.
2. “Guess that’s what the king does when you tell him to fuck off” – The Hound
Two bandits try to jump The Hound from behind, which he quickly fends off by snapping one’s neck. Clegane turns to face the other and asks him what’s doing, only to be told that there’s a price on his head. The Hound reasons that is what happens when you tell the king to fuck off.
3. “If I wanted wits I’d marry you” – Bronn
Tyrion mocks Bronn’s bride-to-be, saying he didn’t think she was his sort of girl being that she’s dimwitted. Bronn replies that he doesn’t have a single type of girls that he likes, but if he was after wits he’d marry Tyrion.
4. “If I gave you the choice between fucking Lollys and fighting The Mountain, you’d have your britches down and your cock up before I could blink” – Bronn
Tyrion tries to sway his friend Bronn to fight on his behalf against The Mountain, but Cersei has made him a knight and he is set with a wife and castle (once his wife’s sister suffers an “accident”, that is), so is rather against it. He uses this analogy, which puts his point in perspective.
5. “I like you, pampered little shit that you are, I just like myself more” – Bronn
Bronn gives his final reasoning to Tyrion on why he won’t fight The Mountain, and it’s the most Bronn-like quote you could think of.
6. “Let the priests argue over good and evil, slavery is real. I can end it, I will end it, and I will end those behind it” – Daenerys Targaryen
Dany has none of Jorah’s request for her to stop committing savage acts, such as killing the masters of Yunkai, around her newly-freed slaves as all they’ve ever known is brutality. The Khaleesi disagrees, and says this quote showing her devotion to eradicating slavery.
7. “They can live in my new world, or they can die in their old one” – Daenerys Targaryen
Dany agrees to meet Jorah’s point of view and not kill the masters of Yunkai, though sends one of the masters fro Meereen to accompany the second sons to Yunkai to tell the masters that they have a choice – to live in a slave-free world Dany is building, or die in their old world.
8. “You’re not interesting enough to be offensive” – Brienne of Tarth
Brienne asks Pod what is wrong, as his face is all screwed up, but he tells her he doesn’t want to offend her. This cold reply is what Brienne had to say to that. She doesn’t make many appearances in good quotes from GoT Season 4, but when she does Brienne leaves a mark.
9. “I’ve got every kind of filth down here except the kind I like” – Tyrion Lannister
Oberyn comes to visit Tyrion in his cell after a trip to brothel, which Tyrion asks for more details of because of all the filth in his cell, he has none of that.
10. “It is rare to meet a Lannister who shares my enthusiasm for dead Lannisters” – Oberyn Martell
Revealing details of his discussion with Cersei, whom was trying to sway Oberyn against Tyrion, the prince tells Tyrion how it’s rare to meet someone like Cersei, a Lannister, who enjoys the prospect of dead Lannisters as much as he does.
11. “I have only loved one woman, only one, my entire life: your sister” – Lord Baelish
Baelish prevents a frantic Lysa from throwing Sansa down the moon door after she thinks she killed Petyr. As he consoles her, he begins this misleading quote, drawing a smile from the tearful woman. The ending to his quote, however, did not bring such jubilation, especially as he accompanied it by pushing her out of the moon door to fall to her death below. This is easily one of the most badass Lord Baelish quote in Game of Thrones, and one of the most chilling quotes in the whole series.
What a way to end the episode’s quotes! If Littlefinger’s dispatching quote of Lysa has left you thirsty for more epic quotes, be sure to visit our 52 best quotes of Season 3. Or, check out the two episodes leading up to this one.
GoT Season 4 Episode 6 quotes
GoT Season 4 Episode 5 quotes
Image credits: HBO