Featuring one of the most epic quotes in Game of Thrones and certainly the most iconic from Lord Baelish, GoT Season 3 Episode 6 certainly provided us some smashing quotes. Here are the best Game of Thrones quotes Season 3 Episode 6 provided.
1. “Lady Reed here has got a stick so far up her ass it’s a wonder her feet touch the ground” – Osha
Debating the proper way to skin a rabbit drives Osha and Meera Reed into a heated confrontation. Bran interferes to defuse the situation and, in her defense, Osha says this amusing quote about Meera.
2. “Oh, I’m Jon Snow. I’ve killed dead men and Qhorin Halfhand but I’m scared of naked girls” – Ygritte
Ygritte mentions the time her and Jon spent in the cave near to the ears of other wildlings. Jon quickly hushes her and tells asks her not to talk about that here. Ygritte then mocks how he has killed deadly enemies such as Wights and the Halfhand but is afraid to talk about naked girls.
3. “But it’s you and me that matters to me and you. Don’t ever betray me” – Ygritte
Ygritte gives Jon a heart attack when she tells him that she knows his secret – that he didn’t stop being a crow when he joined the wildlings side. She tells him, though, how this doesn’t matter to her as long as they have each other. They’re just soldiers in different armies, she tells Jon, whereas what they have means they value each other for each other. She ends this monologue with a plain reminder to Jon never to betray her.
4. “Face. Tits. Balls. I hit ‘em right where I wanted to” – Arya Stark
Practising her archery skills against a straw mannequin with the Brotherhood of Darkness, Arya attracts the attention of the expert bowman in the Brotherhood. He compliments her archery, but tells her she isn’t as good as she thinks she is. She tells him she hit it exactly where she planned to, but he responds that she took her time about it.
5. “I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you’ll shut forever” – Melisandre
Approached by a fuming Arya as she and her guards take Gendry from the Brotherhood, Melisandre gets questioned by the young girl. She snatches Arya’s face in her hands and looks deep into her eyes, and reveals what she sees. A scary future where Arya becomes a killer.
6. “If you think this has a happy ending… you haven’t been paying attention” – Ramsay Snow
In one of his cruel games, Ramsay implies that if Theon can guess where he is, who Ramsay is, and why he’s being tortured he may leave. Theon seeks the clarification on this by asking Ramsay if that’s so. The torment only continues, though, as Ramsay tells Theon this does not have a happy ending.
7. “The laws of my fist are about to compel your teeth” – Brynden Tully
To reclaim the forces and support of Walder Frey, Robb’s uncle, Edmure Tully, must marry one of his daughters. Edmure is strongly against this, and says that the laws are clear: A man cannot compel another to marry. Angered by his words, Brynden Tully aka the Blackfish tells Edmure that his fist are about to compel him to marry.
8. “Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love – illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is” – Lord Baelish
Lord Baelish’s most iconic quote in the whole of Game of Thrones comes in Season 3 Episode 6. It’s also one of the best quotes about power in GoT. It’s said to Lord Varys when Baelish is telling him the story of how Ros was discovered to be an informer of Varys’. While Baelish speaks, a chilling montage takes place showing Ros’ dead body at the hands of Joffrey (who is meant to represent the many who try to climb the ladder but fail) as well as Baelish’s ship, which he had promised room for Sansa on to take her to her family, sails off without the young Stark. Sansa represents the people who are given a chance to climb the ladder but refuse, love being her reason for doing so as she is set to marry Loras Tyrell but later learns she will be wedding Tyrion. The whole scene and accompanying quote is magnificently done and truly resonates with fans.
What a way to end a quote installment! Baelish’s speech in Season 3 Episode 6 certainly gives us chills; the pacing of it matched with the visual element makes for a story that shows the consequences of the Game of Thrones power struggle.
If that’s left you itching for more Game of Thrones quotes, we’ve got the best 38 quotes from Game of Thrones Season 2 up, or why not catch up on the quotes from the two episodes prior to this one?
Season 3 Episode 4
Season 3 Episode 5
Image credits: HBO