Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 5 has some good quotes and features love quotes, powerful quotes, and funny quotes – the holy trifecta of Game of Thrones quotes if you ask us. Here are the Game of Thrones Season 3 quotes Episode 5 that stood out.
1. “Looks like the god likes me more than your Butcher’s boy” – The Hound
The Brotherhood without Banners sentence The Hound to a trial by combat when they have him captured to verify his guilt. An expert fighter, Then Hound defeats Beric Dondarrion and is allowed to leave free. Arya still despises Clegane for his killing of the Butcher’s Boy, so rushes towards him with a dagger to try and finish him for good. Gendry stops her, and The Hound mocks the angry girl with this quote.
2. “I don’t ever want to leave this cave, Jon Snow” – Ygritte
The Ygritte-Jon romance is awesome to watch develop in Season 3 of GoT, and this love quote comes after the two of them make love in a cave. In the aftermath, Ygritte tells Jon that she never wants to leave the cave; all is good in the world in it.
3. “What good is the word extravagant if it can’t be used to describe a royal wedding?” – Lady Olenna
Tyrion, the interim master of coin in King’s Landing, brings Olenna to answer for the cost the wedding of Joffrey and Margaery is going to cost the crown. He says the word extravagant has been used to describe it, which Olenna is fast to point out is the ideal time for the word extravagant to be used.
4. “This one was only the watcher. Hang him last so he can watch the others die” – Robb Stark
A real strong moment of leadership comes from Robb Stark in Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 5. The Karstarks rushed into the cells of Riverrun to kill the two Lannister boys that the Northmen were holding prisoners to take their vengeance for Jaime Lannister killing Lord Rickard Karstark’s son. Robb sentences them to die for these crimes, making one of the sentenced to beg saying that he only watched. Robb sentences to match the crime, telling the guards to hang him last.
5. “I don’t want it to save me. I want it to haunt you till the end of your days” – Lord Karstark
Robb’s execution of Lord Karstark caused a huge divide in his forces and lost him near half his army. Just before he brings the sword down on his bannerman, Lord Karstark briefs Robb on their kinship and how loyal the Karstarks had been, which Robb tells him won’t save him. Not seeking that, Lord Karstark reveals why he said that.
6. “Kill me and be cursed! You are no king of mine!” – Lord Karstark
Lord Karstark’s last words. He disowns Robb as his king as his last thought.
7. “If I faint pull me out. I don’t intend to be the first Lannister to die in a bathtub” – Jaime Lannister
Even wounded, knackered, dirty, and without one hand, Jaime’s sense of humor is still alive. As he enters the bathtub with Brienne, he tells her what to do if he faints from his recent surgery. He can’t be the first Lannister to die in a bath.
8. “I was very nearly the first man knighted to piss on the King’s boots” – Jorah Mormont
Jorah and Barristan discuss war stories while riding with their newly-acquired army of Unsullied, and this is one of the tales Jorah tells. King Robert knighted Jorah after a battle in which Jorah had been in plate armor for 16 hours, making him nearly the first man to piss on the King’s boots while being knighted.
9. “Very well. She’s a lovely girl. Missing some of Loras’ favorite bits, but I’m sure they’ll make do” – Tyrion Lannister
Tywin informs Tyrion of the Tyrell’s plot to marry Sansa Stark to Loras so that they can secure the North when Robb falls, clearly expecting a negative reaction from The Imp. Instead Tyrion is fine by it, though points out Sansa isn’t exactly in possession of what turns Loras on.
While you’re here, check out our quote compilation of the 38 best quotes from GoT Season 2, as well the two episodes before this one – Episode 3 and Episode 4.
Image credits: HBO