The series finale of Game of Thrones Season 3 brought with it a whole host of awesome quotes. We had awesome quotes, funny quotes, epic quotes, love quotes – the whole batch. Here are the best Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 10 quotes.
1. “My lady, people have been laughing at me far longer than they’ve been laughing at you” – Tyrion Lannister
Sansa and Tyrion are walking in the King’s Landing gardens when two passing lords turn around and sneer at them, prompting the two to talk about being laughed at. Sansa offers learning to ignore them as a suggestion, but Tyrion brushes this aside, non concerned, assuring her that people have been laughing at him his whole life; he’s used to ignoring them.
2. “I am the Imp; I have certain standards to maintain” – Tyrion Lannister
In the same garden walk as the quote above, which Sansa and Tyrion are getting on quite well considering their families troubles with each other, Tyrion mentions how a man named Desmond Crakehall must be a pervert. Known for this himself, Sansa points this out to Tyrion, who comically replies with quote, showing how totally he has stopped caring for the slights of others.
3. “Write back to Lord Frey. Thank him for his service, and command him to send Robb Stark’s head. I’m going to serve it to Sansa at my wedding feast” – Joffrey Baratheon
You can almost forget how much of a sadist Joffrey is from his childishly gleeful face during this quote… if the quote itself was not spectacularly sadistic, of course. He says this after receiving word that the Freys have killed Robb and his mother. I don’t think we’ve ever seen Joffrey looking as happen as he was in this quote, picturing a moment of serving Sansa a platter of dead Robb Shark. When questioned on this idea that it was a joke, he adamantly defends that it wasn’t and that he will be doing this, making the scene all the more funny in the most horrific way.
4. “Everyone is mine to torment” – Joffrey Baratheon
Following the members of the Small Council’s bashing down of Joffrey’s, ahem, brilliant idea expressed in the quote above, Tyrion also tells him that he won’t do this; Sansa is no longer his to torment. In true Joffrey fashion, this quote was his reply.
5. “Oh… I’m a monster. Perhaps you should speak to me more softly, then. Monsters are dangerous and just now kings are dying like flies” – Tyrion Lannister
Annoyed at his Uncle’s suggestion not to serve Robb’s head to Sansa at his wedding, Joffrey calls Tyrion a little monster. As he walks back to the head of the table, Tyrion says this quote in a deathly quiet voice. We sure are getting lots of great Game of Thrones quotes from Joffrey mentioning Robb Stark’s head, aren’t we?
6. “Any man who must say I am the King is no true King” – Tywin Lannister
Joffrey’s rage is heavy after Tyrion’s threatens his life through a veil of analogies, and he shouts that he will have him punished and that he is the King. Tywin says this quote as a response before making direct eye contact with Joffrey, not afraid in the slightest at insulting the King.
7. “You’re a fool if you believe he’s the most powerful man in Westeros” – Tywin Lannister
Joffrey is sent off to bed by Tywin after he questions his efforts in the war against the Targaryens and, when the Small Council chamber empties, Tyrion brings up the fact that Tywin just sent the most powerful man in Westeros to bed without his supper. Not a believer in crowns being the source of power, Tywin disputes Joffrey’s status as the most powerful man in Westeros.
8. “Sorry, I shouldn’t make jokes. My mother taught me not to throw stones at cripples. But my father taught me aim for their head” – Ramsay Snow
After teasing Theon about the possibility of having a phantom cock that he might feel the next time he thinks about naked girls, Ramsay apologises. He apologises, before going on to say this quote. We think Ramsay is more prone to listen to his father.
9. “You’re me. Never been with a woman. Never talked to a woman, really. And then she comes at you. Big words, no clothes. What would you have done?” – Gendry
Ser Davos asks an imprisoned Gendry why he was so eager to trust Melisandre when he clearly has something against high-born people. Gendry explains, and tries to put Davos in his shoes to understand why he was so easily charmed by the Red Woman.
10. “You’ve been a good influence on our mutual friend, you know? He used to drink from sundown to sunup, visit three brothels a night, gamble away his father’s money. Now it’s just the drinking” – Lord Varys
Varys approaches Shae while she’s alone to talk to her, and opens with this funny line on how she’s been a good influence to keep Tyrion on the right track.
11. “Tyrion Lannister is one of the few people alive who can make this country a better place. He has the mind for it, he has the will, he has the right last name. And you… you are a complication” – Lord Varys
Shae questions Varys as to why he is giving Shae diamonds and asking her to travel across the Narrow Sea to start a life there away from the Capital. Varys tries to justify it to Shae, revealing that he believes Tyrion is one of the few people able to make real change in the world for the better. It’s a great quote as it shows how much faith and trust Varys has in Tyrion at such an early point in his development.
12. “It’s not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy” – Tyrion Lannister
Tyrion tells Podrick to keep up in his drinking to match Tyrion when they’re downing cups of wine together, but Pod is unable to match the dwarf’s frequency and tells him he can’t. Tyrion then reveals this insightful piece of knowledge, that being perpetually drunk is actually very difficult.
13. “An unhappy wife is a wine merchant’s best friend” – Cersei Lannister
Cersei rocks into Tyrion’s chambers and saunters over to the wine, asking him how married life is for him before dropping this amusing quote.
14. “But if it weren’t for my children, I’d have thrown myself from the highest window in the Red Keep” – Cersei Lannister
In the midst of talking about how children brighten the life of any mother, Tyrion asks Cersei how happy Cersei is. She replies “not very”, but then reveals this haunting quote that they’re all keeping her from suicide.
15. “I do know some things. I know I love you. I know you love me” – Jon Snow
Ygritte confronts Jon after he escapes from the wildling group who slipped south of the wall by training an arrow right on him. He tells her that he knows she won’t hurt him, to which she replies with the most iconic quote of their love story – “You know nothing, Jon Snow”. He gives a light laugh, before listing the things he does know: that he loves her and she loves him.
16. “My enemies have made my kingdom bleed. I will not forget that. I will not forgive that. I will punish them with any arms at my disposal” – Stannis Baratheon
Stannis has to bat away more advancements from Ser Davos to not kill Gendry, but he looks at the big picture as giving him justification to do so; his enemies have made the seven kingdoms bleed and he will lash out with whatever means he has – even if that is sacrificing Gendry.
17. “This war of five kings means nothing. The true war lies to the North, my king. Death marches on the wall – only you can stop him” – Melisandre
The Red Woman tosses a scroll into the fire that tells of how the White Walkers and their dead army are coming for the wall and everything south of it, and says these words as she looks into the flames to see what they reveal to her.
18. “Mhysa” – Lots of just-freed slaves
Daenerys liberates an entire city of slaves from Yunkai and allows them to reclaim their freedom. They gather around her and, led by one person’s calling out, begin to chant “Mhysa” at her, which means Mother.
And that concludes another season of Game of Thrones quotes! Season 3 has been a blast, and be sure to check out the best quotes from the whole of Season 3. We hope you’ll join us as we count through the best quotes of Game of Thrones Season 4 and the following seasons, too.
Check out the episodes before this one, too!
Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 9 quotes
Game of Thrones Season 3 Episode 8 quotes
Image credits: HBO