Game of Thrones Quotes from Season 2 Episode 6 are rather abundant and varied in their speakers. From powerful Daenerys quotes to psychopathic Cersei quotes, Season 2 Episode 6 has it all!
1. “We’ve had vicious kings, and we’ve had idiot kings, but I don’t know if we’ve ever been cursed with a vicious idiot for a king!” – Tyrion Lannister
A close encounter with the common people of King’s Landing leaves the nobles shook up, though not Tyrion who pounces on Joffrey in an instant as he was the catalyst for their rage, shouting “Kill them” after the commoners threw a “cow pie” at him. Tyrion’s unchecked insults make this quote so awesome as he shows no fear to insult a “vicious idiot” king.
2. “One day I pray you love someone. I pray you love her so much, when you close your eyes you see her face. I want that for you. I want you to know what it’s like to love someone, to truly love someone, before I take her from you” – Cersei Lannister
Cersei’s reaction to Tyrion shipping her only daughter away to Dorne is probably what you’d expect from an ambitious, bloodthirsty queen: she prays that Tyrion finds himself in the situation she was in with Myrcella so she can take his love away from him. This is said while he’s hiding Shae from Cersei, so the words linger with us as we realise what Cersei will do to Shae if her presence is found.
3. “Do you understand? I’m no ordinary woman. My dreams come true” – Daenerys Targaryen
Whilst trying to convince The Spice King of Qarth to lend Dany some ships, she recalls the vision she had of taking her dragon eggs into a great fire, which, of course, left her unscathed and was the crucible in which her dragons hatched. She then tells him, boldly, that her dreams come true. Sadly, though, this was not enough to convince the data-driven Spice King.
4. “I am not your little princess. I am Daenerys Stormborn of the blood of old Valyria and I will take what is mine, with fire and blood I will take it” – Daenerys Targaryen
Sick of being belittled with the titled “little princess” by The Spice King, Daenerys allows herself an angry outburst where, using the Targaryen words of “Fire and Blood”, she declares that she will have what is hers, taken by war and death, with or without the merchant’s assistance.
5. “It is my belief that a moment of chaos affords opportunities lost soon after” – Lord Baelish
When Baelish is discussing recent events with Tywin Lannister, he says that the chaos that ensued after Renly’s untimely death produces opportunities that are lost when it subsides. It’s another typical machiavellian Littlefinger quote, but badass all the same.
6. “Gods help you, Theon Greyjoy. Now you are truly lost” – Ser Rodrik Cassel
The last words of Ser Rodrik Cassel, Winterfell’s Master at Arms, before Theon chops his head off (messily). After saying this, he acceptingly puts his head forward, showing the honourable values of the Starks until the very end.
7. “We’ll stay warmer if we stay close. Bet you freeze to death before I do” – Ygritte
A night north of the wall brings many dangers with it, the first and most immediate being the blistering and unrelenting cold. Having no shelter or extra warmth for the hours to come, Ygritte tells Jon that they’ll be warmer if they’re close, as the Night’s Watchman is already trudging away from her to sleep alone. She then playfully, though admittedly with some malice in her voice, bets Jon he freezes to death before she does.
8. “And Theon, I want him brought to me alive. I want to look him in the eye and ask him why, and then I’ll take his head myself” – Robb Stark
Truly his father’s son, Robb wishes to speak to Theon directly to find out why he captured Winterfell when he hears the news, before killing him himself, as Ned was prone to do with men he sentenced to die.
9. “A girl cannot tell a man when exactly he must do a thing. A man cannot make a thing happen before its time” – Jaqen H’ghar
No deep meaning on this, folks, it’s just a funny quote aided by some great Jaqen delivery.
Need more to get your Game of Thrones fix? Be sure to check out the best quotes from Season 1, or some more Season 2 action with Episodes 4 and Episode 5.
Or, check out the very best quotes from Game of Thrones Season 2!
Image credit: HBO