Game of Thrones Season 2 Episode 2 has some very good quotes, with a large chunk coming from the ever-quotable Tyrion. Here are our best quotes from Game of Thrones Season 2 Episode 2.
1. “You’ve perfected the art of tearing up papers” – Tyrion Lannister
After Cersei rips up Robb Stark’s terms for peace, in very similar fashion to how she ripped up Ned Stark’s paper with the king’s last requests on in the last season, Tyrion dryly applauds her paper-tearing skills.
2. “I’m not questioning your honor, Lord Janos. I’m denying its existence” – Tyrion Lannister
Janos Slynt and Tyrion’s dinner together is going rather well until Tyrion questions Lord Janos’ honor. The commander of the city watch is outraged, so Tyrion assures him he’s not questioning it, saying he can’t question something that doesn’t exist.
3. “I hope you enjoy the wall. I found it surprisingly beautiful, in a brutal, horribly uncomfortable sort of way” – Tyrion Lannister
Tyrion’s last words to Lord Janos are incredible, as he sends the disgraced commander off the serve on the wall, saying he found it beautiful, just in horrible ways.
4. “You want to be hand of the king? You want to rule? This is what ruling is. Lying on a bed of weeds ripping them out by the root one by one before they strangle you in your sleep” – Cersei Lannister
Cersei gives a lesson to Tyrion on the horrible ordeals ruling can demand. This is, however, her response to Tyrion questioning her about the Gold Cloaks murdering babies just because they are Robert’s bastards. So, not really an excuse, Cersei.
5. “And I said, if the gods wanted us to have dignity, they wouldn’t make us fart when we died” – Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd is a goldmine for quotes, usually of the melancholy, gloomy kind admittedly, but still funny in their own way. In this, he uses the fact that people “fart” when they die as evidence the gods don’t want people to have dignity. Fair enough.
6. “Then I wouldn’t get to insult anyone” – Arya Stark
Gendry warns Arya that she shouldn’t insult people who are bigger than her, which is, of course, nearly everyone. Her response is the defiance and heart that she has, making her one of the fans favorite characters.
7. “Without question? No. I’d ask how much” – Bronn
Tyrion, disturbed by the killing of Robert’s bastard babies, asks Bronn if he would follow a despicable order without question. At first, it seems as though Bronn is about to show some morals, but it appears he has no scruples with the issue and responds that he’d ask how much he’d get paid.
8. “You might be disappointed in the results. Storms come and go, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling” – Lord Varys
Despite usually appearing like friends, Varys and Tyrion have a slightly dark moment in Season 2 Episode 2. Tyrion tells Varys, openly, that he’ll have him thrown in the sea if he threatens Tyrion again. Varys doesn’t let this go unanswered, replying that he keeps on paddling among all of the conflicts and murders of Westeros and that this may not work out for The Hand.
9. “Now, I sharpened this blade before breakfast. I could shave a spider’s arse if I wanted to. Or, I could nick this artery in your leg, and once it’s nicked there’s no one around here who knows how to un-nick it” – Yoren
The Night’s Watchman threatens the soldiers who come looking for Gendry with a knife pressed against his leg. He says it’s so sharp that it could shave a spider’s arse. Everything from Yoren’s defiance to his fantastic imagery makes us love this quote, and equally his character.
Check out the last episode, the best quotes from Game of Thrones Season 2 Episode 1, too, or look through the 39 best quotes from Season 1.
Image Credit: HBO