The season finale of Game of Thrones Season 2 sees the characters dealing with the aftermath of Theon’s assault on Winterfell, Stannis’ invasion of the Blackwater Bay, and more. Check out the best quotes from Game of Thrones Season 2 Episode 10.
1. “Treat your oaths recklessly and your people will do the same” – Catelyn Stark
Robb is confessing to his mother that he loves the Lady Talisa and plans to marry her, regardless of the fact that he’d sworn an oath to Walder Frey when he and his troops needed to cross The Twins to marry one of his daughters. Cat warns him that treating his oaths recklessly will lead to his troops doing the same with the pledges of fealty they offered him.
2. “Look around you. We’re all liars here – and every one of us is better than you” – Lord Baelish
Littlefinger says he will take Sansa home after Joffrey, in front of the court, discards of Sansa in order to marry Margaery Tyrell and ally their houses. Sansa tries to hide her happiness, and lies to Baelish when he offers this to her, saying her home is King’s Landing now. He sees right through this, and tells her everyone in King’s Landing is a better liar than her.
3. “I will kill that man. I don’t care how many arrows they feather me with, how many spears they run through me; I will kill that horn-blowing cunt before I fall” – Theon Greyjoy
With Winterfell surrounded by Ramsay Bolton’s 500 men sent to retake the castle from the Ironborn’s clutches, the attackers deny Theon sleep and attempt to scare him by constantly blowing a loud horn. This infuriates him, and he snaps when speaking to Maester Luwin with the horn in the background.
4. “You will betray the men serving you, you will betray your family, you will betray everything you once held dear. And it will all be worth it” – Melisandre
Stannis fumes after his defeat at Blackwater Bay, asking Melisandre how she was so certain about his victory when his defeat was so crushing. Their conversation is dark and deep, and involves in it Melisandre warning Stannis about the vile things he’ll do. But she says it will be worth it, in order to secure his rightful position on the Iron Throne.
5. “You’re afraid. Why? Nothing dangerous down there” – Lord Varys
Varys enters Baelish’s brothel where Ros works in disguise to not alert Littlefinger of his visit, causing Ros to believe he is an average client. While trying to ease him into the mood she feels his groin to discover…nothing. Her realization is instant that she’s speaking to Varys, and her expression reflects her terror. Varys attempts to calm her by telling her there’s nothing dangerous down there.
6. “The thing about Gilly that you find so interesting is that she said six words to you” – Dolorous Edd
Sam continues to wear on Edd with his Gilly ramblings, telling him that he finds her so interesting in how she is still positive for the future despite what Craster has put her through. Edd suggests, instead, that what Sam really finds interesting about Gilly is that she talked to him.
7. “A…And, the thing about you that I find so interesting, is absolutely nothing” – Samwell Tarly
Sam’s retort to Edd’s quote above. There is no chance for Edd to respond, as this is when the three blasts of the horn are heard to signal White Walkers and the culmination of the season.
Be sure to check the quotes from Episodes 9 and Episode 8 to gain some context for these, and enjoy our full compilation of the most epic quotes from Game of Thrones Season 1.
If you need more Season 2 action, we’ve got the 38 best quotes from Game of Thrones Season 2 ready for you!